On behalf of our client, an independent Swiss development organization that works to reduce poverty and advance human rights in more than 30 countries, Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation, Manpower is looking for a motivated candidate to fill the position in Belgrade office: Communication Coordinator.
Communication Coordinator will be engaged in the Representative Office of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation in Serbia (Helvetas SRB). Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure high visibility of SDC supported project ““For an Active Civil Society Together – ACT Phase 2”, in traditional and social media;
- Ensure smooth implementation of ACT Communication Strategy, including:
- Establish and maintain relationships with the CSO community and especially the ACT partners;
- Ensure high visibility of ACT partners’ project activities;
- Actively participate in creating success stories about the ACT project and its partners;
- Lead the development and implementation of Communication Guidelines for all ACT partners in close consultation with the ACT team;
- Support ACT partner CSOs and other civil society partners in developing their communication and visibility capacities.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with local and national media and maintain a positive public image of ACT project and Helvetas SRB in the public;
- Establish and maintain contacts with various collaborating partners at the local level, national level, other relevant civil society organizations and networks as well as with local governance initiatives and donor initiatives;
- Maintain relationship with communication department/officers of the Swiss Embassy, Helvetas Head Office and Helvetas Eastern Europe Regional Communication Manager.
- University degree in social sciences (Media and Communications, Marketing, Political Sciences) or related subject;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the civil society sector;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in communications/PR/marketing;
- Advanced level of English language, written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point);
- Previous experience of working in national or international non-governmental organization and/or national or international donor entity will be considered as an advantage.